The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
If Rich Says "Refinished", I Would Rely on His Opinion

If Rich Says "Refinished", I Would Rely on His Opinion . . . to pay full price, as if the dial is original, after Rich has concluded that it is has been refinished, would be throwing money away, in my humble opinion. Not sure how you say that Rich's book suggests that the dial is original, when Rich himself tells you (twice) that it is refinished.

Pet peeve #76: People who ask for expert opinions and then ignore them (or convince themselves of some other conclusion)!!

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: After checking very well the pictures of the Book of Richard
: Crosthwaite i think the dial and hands are correct after all !!!
: Why do you say the Dial was repainted ?
: The sellers assures 1000% the watch is as he got it from his father
: that bought it new in Viena in 1969 and was just revised on TAG
: Services last Year with new gasket, glass and overhwaul
: movement...I don't know any more as one says it's ok and other
: say it's not ok !!!!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE