The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Anachronistic?
In Response To: Anachronistic? ()

Thanks for the kind words Shaun. I hadn't really thought about which/what albums/track might suit each watch! I have to confess... this shot was taken after several beers one evening.. little thought went into it. It was taken on my laptop keyboard, using the screen as a light, and whatever I had at hand - a beanie hat & my nano! But, Screamadelica is kinda chilled out, so I think it has some meaningful connection to the Rindt.. it's a chilled out watch. :0)

It came out so well.. I took some more 'drunk + laptop screen' photos the next night..

and

Stewart

: Fantastic watches and fantastic photos, but much as I love
: Screamadelica, a superb album, it doesn't look right next to
: that Autavia.

: I would have gone for a Miles Davis or Sam Cooke to fit the period
: better. I considered Bob Dylan or Mama's & Papa's from that
: era as well but they didn't really seem very
: "Autavia".

: Yeah, I know Miles Davis actually wore a Breitling Navitimer, but
: he just made a mistake, his music is definitely more Autavia (or
: even Carrera) than Breitling.

: The diver looks amazing; I'm not that interested in Heuer divers,
: but that one looks like it has real presence.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE