The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Late 1971 / early 1972

Based on the serial numbers, the "Orange Boys" seem to be from late 1971 / early 1972. I do not believe that they are shown in any catalogs.

I would say that, over the years, we have seen approximately 20 of these chronos . . . no idea why so few, but perhaps Heuer made some with the orange accents and some with the red accents, and decided that the red would be more popular. Thus, we ended up with thousands of "Viceroys" but only a few dozen on the "Orange Boys". I have never heard of a special promotion or event associated with these watches.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi All,

: Who knows whether the Autavia Orange Boy, Gulf version has ever
: appeared in a Heuer brochure. I have checked the catalogues on
: OTD but so not seem to be able to find it . Does anyone know?
: And , when was it introduced and what were the approximate sales
: numbers?? Or was it maybe special edition based on a certain
: event? Lots of questions , I know. Perhaps somebody knows
: though. My questions are triggered by the special hands with
: orange inlay which have never returned on other Heuers as far as
: I can see.

: Tnanks, cheers and happy days until new year's eve!
: Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE