The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
try to find the right one

Hi Jeff,

the problem that I see is that this Chronomatic was not a 'do it yourself ' project but done by a professional.

Is the point, to which professional I can go or is it better to let the watch untouched in the safe.
A list would be helpful, where collector and watchmaker also list those, who believe that they can afford it.

Here in Germany , since Breitsamer give it up , I know ((( only ))) Abel

before some time I brought my 1158 CHN to a professional, I was glad, he called me in: ' When to raise the hands of the scale it would be possible to leave some marks on the dial '.......... This brought me to a spontaneous fetch back of the watch. This time I have had luck and I will wait for spring to bring it to Abel.

perhaps it is not a problem of the watchmaker, times have changed, and the focus is on the sales, we all turn after the market. The brands themselves have a own philosophie in repairs
But some watchmaker have fun with it, can think like a collector, can treat it and would be the best partner, but who ....?

cheers michael

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE