The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Better to argue with facts...
In Response To: Fake Heuers by chronoaddict?? ()

Before you publicly criticise someone you should probably be more sure and more clear in what you see wrong. Some of the 1950s watches he advertises look OK to me with no replacement parts, as far as I can tell. They seem overpriced, but he's hardly the only seller on ebay (or any where else) to try to sell at above market prices.

I agree some of the watches have non-standard parts - for example the black dialed Carrera might have been redialed, but I am not 100% sure, and the Autavia 30 has replacement hands - but TAG-Heuer also fit the "wrong" hands in service sometimes... Probably better to criticise watch by watch and explain what you see wrong, then people can learn.

Let's try keep the spirit of this forum friendly and helpful. No need to accuse someone unless you are really sure and you should explain your reasons, perhaps referring to catalog pics, movement pics, etc. We can all learn from people explaining their reservations, but just criticism with no data is not the spirit.

PS: I have no affiliation with the seller; I don't know who is behind the name and I never bought a watch from him (or her), as far as I know.

Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE