The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
AUTAVIA BOOK

Paul, Rich,

Today I had the chance to do some reading and looking at pictures again…after I started almost immediately when I received the book…I had some healthy issues (again) and had absolutely no fun in doing anything really (I only reached to page 45 first time due to serious headache…which by the way had nothing to do with your book LoL)…so I just kept working or at least what I was able to LoL I only had the chance again this morning to resume reading and looking with great appetite!

My compliments for both of you guys. While most people will not realize what a work this has actually been for you two…I can imagine. First of all…to get all watches with you to shoot pictures from and then of course the sooo time consuming task of taking pictures. Paul, you have my deepest respect for this and the photographs are real eye candies. You are an artist…making us all dream of our beloved Heuer timepieces. And like Rich said numerous times before…the Autavia series offers such a broad variety of shapes and colors…so many details to look for, subtle differences throughout the various execution of the same reference and you guys had to limit the watches pictured in the book. Also to you Rich…my compliments. You have build up your knowledge very fast in the last couple of years thanks to your eagle eyes and attention to details.

While the information we have right now may not be definite (yet)…it is my humble opinion that overall this book is a great source for every Heuer collector. Retrieving information from production quantities, serials, configurations of a specific watch were not easy…I can imagine that too.

One more thing…as with the Monaco book, and also Arno's book…I also had a "favorite" picture in the Autavia book…page 38…quite a strange photo…but I just love to look at that one!

Well done guys and thanks again,

Abel Court - HeuerTime
abel@heuertime.com

Messages In This Thread

AUTAVIA BOOK
Re: AUTAVIA BOOK
Re: AUTAVIA BOOK
Re: Thanks
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE