The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
What would you fellows make of a Monaco *without*...

...the "1133" stamp but with a complete and correct 159,k SN?
The watch I'm looking at has just the faintest, eye-strain inducing trace of "11..." between the "6" lugs but the two 3's have worn away and someone has put another hand engraving over it (some sort of non-Heuer identifier like a stock number or personalization number).
However, between the "12" lugs is a perfect 159,xxx SN.
So what would you say the effect on the value is?
I should add that the watch is a standard dial blue 1133 "Automatic Chronograph" non-transitional and not anything too exotic.
For me the SN being intact is more important than the model #...but then, I'm not really a Vintage Heuer collector. ;)
Thanks and any and all opinions welcome.
Best regards,
Tom

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE