The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
My Worthless Opinion
In Response To: Advice needed on eBay Heuer ()

This watch has been up on eBay several times. I hate to knock somebody's goods but here is what I don't like about it:

1) It appears to have been refinished in a very heavy handed way. The new brushing has worn down the logo on the bracelet and the numbers on the caseback and the top and sides are simply too brushed to look authentic.
2) There is a lot of corrosion creeping up the inner bezel from between the dial and the bezel which may mean that there was condensation under the dial at one point.
3) The bezel also looks faded and off color compared to the example I happen to have on my wrist right now.
4) It does not have a Heuer marked Crown.
5) The authentic pushers seem to have scrape marks on their tops...perhaps from the heavy handed refinish job or perhaps from something worse.
6) I hate the fact that the seller has put it in a Tag box....just not the right thing to do in my opinion.
7) Wrong sweep hand (as has been mentioned) and the hands are all very faded looking...at least in the pictures.

Again, all of this is just my opinion, and as such isn't worth a cup of coffee/tea. Hopefully what I have said will not make anybody mad....but what I say sometimes does...Oh Well!

JohnCote

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE