The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Yes, legit

In short - Yes it is.
As the link that Michwir provided, I have one of these, that I have had restored. I spent years researching them, and they are from the '82AF', or the 1982 Air Force, which was formed after a failed (air force led) military coup in 1982 in Kenya. The coup was quashed, and the Air Force was put under the command of the army, and renamed '82 AF'.

We have also seen an Autavia with the same markings.
I know of 2 others, mine and a fellow collector who has the Lemania driven model.

Stewart

: Is this a legit Watch ?

:
: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Vintage-Heuer-Kenya-Air-Firce-Lemania-5100-chronograph-PVD-Case-1970s-/111007913047?pt=Wristwatches&hash=item19d8965457

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE