The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Cat's and Dogs Living in Sin!!!

Albert Zibell just sent me a link to this interesting item that's appeared on the web...

From the seller's copy:

OMEGA , TAG/HEUER , CHRONOGRAPH . ALL REAL

A MOST UNUSUAL WATCH...THE CASE WHICH IS STAINLESS AND GOLD BEZEL (SOLID GOLD) CROWN ETC IS ALL "OMEGA" SEAMASTER AND GORGEOUS....THE MOVEMENT IS ALL TAG/HEUER 40 JEWEL AND WORKS GREAT...HOW THIS ALL GOT TOGETHER, I HAVE NO IDEA .ÊÊ WATCH FUNCTIONS ALL WORK AS THEY SHOULD, MOVEMENT TENDS TO RUN A BIT FAST AND COULD USE A CLEANING.Ê LEATHER STRAP IS NO NAME STRAP BUT ALL BLACK WITH GOLD ACCENTS.ÊÊ A VERY UNUSUAL WATCH TO BE SURE......SHIPPING OUTSIDE USA MUST BE RECALCULATED......Any questions? Please email prior to bidding.

So what we have here, is a LWO 283 Lemania/ETA 2892-A2 piggyback movement (generally considered to be a superior chrono module to the Dubois-Depraz) mated, somehow, into a Speedmaster Reduced case!

Incredible! If it weren't two tone, I'd probably consider making a play for it. In fact I might still even though it is two tone, it is just that wild!

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Messages In This Thread

Cat's and Dogs Living in Sin!!!
Re: Cat's and Dogs Living in Sin!!!
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE