The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Bruce, any more details?
In Response To: Bruce, any more details? ()

: looked again and agree top 3 are composited on.
: do you want to explain any of the other
: "photoshop mayhem" , I'd certainly
: be interested.

: thnks

hi shaun

sorry to take so long to reply but things have been a bit hectic.

photoshop has been used to create the bloom in the background and the speed swish on the bottom 3 cases. strange things have been going on with the 1153, if you note the top lugs seem to be polished whilst the rest of the case has it's original finish. also strange things happen to the strap as it crosses over the edge of the dato, it suddenly gets an extra layer of leather. where the 1153 case goes under the 1158 2 shadow/black reflections have been added. the cut outs of the top 2 watches are a little too sharp at the edge which makes them look a little odd. i am not sure if the 1158 was shot with the two below or not. the above may suggest they were not but the shadows and reflections are very competently handled, perhaps they were shot together and then the 1153 moved toward the centre of the Dato? note how the strap of the 12 fades away as it gets to the bottom of the pic.

please don't think i'm being nasty about this pic, the photography is very good as is the photoshop work, my description is realy just a deconstruction of the image using the pointers i can identify to show how it may have been put together.

it would be nice to hear the true story from the horse's mouth?

bruce

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE