The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Here are 22 Brands That Used Cal 12 Series

I've always wondered about this too, just how many different brands the cal.11 and derivatives was used in. Like finding a diamond in the rough I guess I willingly follow my wife to otherwise painfully boring antique shows in hope of finding a Dugena Siffert at the bottom of a vendors display case for $25.

To take this one step further, of all these brands' models which ones were case sizes around 42mm? The reason I ask is because I've come to the conclusion that I must be very size sensitive, I find even 40mm cases too small for me and 43+mm just too big. I've had some great watches that were 37mm, 39mm and no matter how beautiful they were I just couldn't bond with them. So now I look at only vintage chronos, and only around 42mm is size.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE