The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Seemed terribly cheesy to me...
In Response To: It's May ()

...and I could have done without the focus on all the accidents up front. I really couldn't stomach the whole thing.

And 500 miles of turning left, or, more accurately, preventing the car from turning left on the straights because it is set up with camber, has never really done it for me either. I think it's probably down to what you grew up with, and I am just that much more familiar with "road" races that ovals don't really do it for me.

I did watch IndyCar as was when Mansell was racing in it and there were exciting moments, but short ovals? Really not my thing. Show me a car compressed all the way to its bump stops changing direction and I'm much more interested. Eau Rouge or Turn 4? Clear winner for me.

And calling clearly US-centric sporting events "World Series" has never sat well with me either.

To be fair, I can see what the attraction of long oval racing is, it's just never worked its claws into me.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE