The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Discovery - There are 2 types of 11630 dial

I've never noticed this before, maybe it's old news.. but thought I'd share, in case anyone else didn't know.
I only spotted it this week. Anyway, there are two types of dial.. the difference is in the hour batons. I dug through the catalogues, and:

- The early 72-74ish models have polished batons with a black strip, and small lume plots at the end.
- The later, circa post 74 models (going by the catalogues) have the painted upper surface of the batons, with a lume strip in-between.

I don't know when the baton design changed, but somewhere between 74 and 77 going by the catalogues. I presume that same may apply to the other dial designs in the 11630 range - silver and white maybe. I wonder if the Cal. 15 were the same too?

This is mine - earlier style..

and here is an example from the OTD picture archives..

72 catalogue:

74 catalogue, same as above:

change of baton, shown in the 77 catalogue..

Stewart
- Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE