The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Heuer Ref. 12 - Market value?
In Response To: Heuer Ref. 12 - Market value? ()

As far as I know, they were made by Heuer and the OTD reference table is incorrect. It probably came about as they featured on the same catalogue page as the French Heuers.. as you say they are signed 'Swiss' on the dial. Read my write up on them here: http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2010/08/17/heuer-ref-12-chronograph/

The example shown in my photos, I sold for around £1000, maybe a little more, I can't quite remember.. it was in exceptional condition.

Stewart
- Heuerville

: I've become enamored with the Ref.12 and have started to seek one
: out, but I don't know what the current market value is for the
: model. Does anyone have an idea what I should expect to pay for
: one in excellent condition? I'm also curious why the OTD
: reference table lists these in the 'French made' category. The
: pictures I've seen of the watch shows 'Swiss Made' on the dial.

: On a related note, I've seen the Le Jour version and it might be a
: decent alternative. I hear conflicting information as to whether
: or not these were truly made by Heuer. Is current thinking that
: they were in fact Heuer manufactured?

: Thanks in advance!

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE