The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Porsche Design redux *PIC*

Heya all..

Below is a reply I got from the person selling the PD when I directed him to the earlier post/discussion.
http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?read=6162

<<< I don't know where Chuck got his information from but this watch is 100% original and the real article and not a redial at all! If you check with Porche Design and get a reply from them that it has not made this watch before, then I accept your judgement but not from individuals who happens to be "Experts" in the field. He discussed the #5012 movement not being used as a 24 hour register but shows a totally different watch to the one I have. Obviously the watch he has is not the same as the one I offered for auction so where is the comparison. Look at the dial, it is so obvious that it is a 100% original dial and not some redial. I respect Chuck if he is the so-called expert but even I have not seen all the Rolexes in the world and I am suppose to be someone whom many people come to for "professional advise" on Rolexes. I would have passed a comment like "watch is a model that i have not seen before so I cannot comment on authenticity". Chuck should base his comments after closer scrutiny of the dial, movement and case and not just from a picture. >>> Time Antiques.

By the way, the seller is a shop called Time Antiques in Singapore. Obviously this guy is really adamant that he has the real article. But why is he referring towards the dial, but not the watch as a whole?

Regards
Reza

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE