The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
ÀOmega man? Nah, call me a chronograph fan...
In Response To: Thanks Charles and Chuck! ()

Thanks for your thoughts, Charles and Chuck!

It seems like Chuck (as a Omega man who is not that much interested in Monacos) misunderstood the message a bit.

Hmmm, without going into something that would look like a resumŽ...

I own nearly as many Heuer's as I do Omega's, probably probably own 90-95% as many Heuers as I do Omega, maybe even a higher percentage... Have bought more than twice as many Heuers so far this year as Omegas. Heuer's are gaining! =) But calling me a Omega man... { nods no slightly } isn't really accurate. Call me a chronograph fan. That's accurate! =)

Both Omega and Heuer are fine brands (TAG-Heuer has it's higher moments too!), interesting brands, and being natural competitors throughout much of their existence are very interesting to learn about. Just as one gains a greater appreciation of Porsche by learning about Ferrari, one can gain a greater appreciation of a brand of watch by learning about it's competitors. Thankfully, watches are less expensive than cars!

So you all know where I stand... I love both brands. Both bring a lot to the wrist in my estimation.

The main reason why I have written more about Omega in the past has been information has been easier to come by on them than Heuer/TAG-Heuer. OnTheDash is a concerted effort to remedy that situation that I pleased to be a part of. It is a very good time to be interested in Heuers!

All I expected was a short review, a little chat, about this (in my estimation) nice and rare Monaco version.

Hmmm... I thought my initial post was reasonably short, one screen (interspersed with your thoughts), eight sentences after the translation part.

It is a nice and rare Monaco, no disagreement with that.

I agree with most that despite the rarity of the 7740 model, it's movement probably kept bidding down more than it elevated bidding. I also thought it went a hundred, maybe a couple hundred on the high side from what I would have thought before hand. I'm glad she's going to someone who really wanted her!

The chat did seem to tangent off onto eBay and other topics didn't it? Well I guess that's ok in a way. I suppose it is better than looking around and watching paint dry... =)

Good Hunting!

-- Chuck

P.S. Bring on more Monaco's! What the heck... We'll push the pushers (the chronograph equivalent of kicking tires on a car) and look 'em over! =)

Chuck Maddox (Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE