The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
NOS is almost impossible / Immaculate = Maybe
In Response To: HEUER Autavia NOS ()

Ernesto:

First of all, thanks for the posting. I regret that you have seen so many fakes and put-together Autavias over the last few weeks, but that will provide good background for your search. It should make you cautious about so many NOS pieces suddenly appearing on the market.

If you are looking for an early, manual wind Autavia (from the 1960's), I would say that NOS is just about impossible. I do not recall ever seeing a manual Autavia described as NOS. You should be able to find one in excellent condition or even near "mint", but I would doubt NOS.

Once you move to the automatics, then NOS should be possible, if you are willing to spend some time searching. NOS is interpreted in different ways (never worn / never sold / never opened), but I believe that there were enough of these produced and enough "put away" that you should be able to find one. This also becomes easier as you go to the later years (for example, there will be more NOS pieces from the mid-1980's than the late 1960's).

So tell us -- which model are you seeking? Good luck with your search and please keep us informed.

Cheers,

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: After visiting and following your postings for
: the last weeks, I think I am ready to start
: looking around to buy my first HEUER Autavia
: Chronograph. My question is, how easy is to
: find a HEUER Autavia NOS or one in
: immaculate condition ?

: Please help me with your kind and valuable
: comments.

Messages In This Thread

HEUER Autavia NOS
NOS is almost impossible / Immaculate = Maybe
Re: NOS is almost impossible / Immaculate = Maybe
1163T and 1163V are Perfect Choices
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE