The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Loads of Parts = Loads of Chronos
In Response To: Heuer Calculators - Fake ? ()

Shaun:

I do not follow the Calculators closely, but the consensus on this Discussion Forum is that these are being put together from parts. A current search of ebay shows that dials, crowns, pushers, bezels and crystals are available for the Calculator. The telltale on the dials is the absence of the silver "frame" around the date window.

I will leave it to our Calcualtor experts to supply additional information, but it is clear that parts are easily available and some of the chronographs being offered do not match up with those shown in the catalogs (or remembered by Heuer watchmakers).

Thanks for the message. Please let us know if you learn more about these.

Jeff

+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi Guys

: I have seen a couple of Heuer Calculators on
: German Sites listed as new old stock, the
: photos look ok with Cal 12 mech but are
: these likely to be a fake or reconstructed ?

: Shaun

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE