The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Best of 2013

Ciao Jeff,

so let's start a bit in advance, taking advantage of this day that I reserved for absolute relax...

From your list:

a) your favorite watch acquisition of the year (whether a bargain or budget-buster), or a favorite strap or bracelet:

This year I acquired more than a watch, but the one that gave me more satisfaction is this early 15640 Skipper, bought from a great friend (a well known collector of this forum). I courted this watch for months, and in the end I think I got the old owner for exhaustion :-)
It has the case marked 15640 (not 11630) and serial 2963XX, one of the lowest serial number in the 15640 Skipper range (he is about 30 serials earlier than the AMH one sold in 2010 at Bonhams auction), here some pics:

b) a project or restoration that turned out particularly well

I already posted here, some weeks ago, this post about the restoration made from Abel of a goldplated barrell Carrera ( http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=65262 ), so I will add here another one, again made from Abel, about the relapping of this Montreal 110.503NC (found all original and in very good conditions but with the case sunburst effect poorly refinished, obviously Abel made a full service and relapped the case):

c) a box, carrying case, winder or other accessory that you are enjoying

This keyring, a gift from Giuliano, I use it for my car keys:

d) a catalogue, magazine or other printed piece that you would like to share

None.

e) a book that you enjoyed, whether old or newly-discovered, about watches, cars or anything else

This book from TAG Heuer, given me as a gift from the dealer where I usually go, sometimes I use it as background for some shoots as it contains also many beautiful images about vintage Heuer:

f) a new blog or website that you discovered (or maybe even your favorite article or posting from 2013)

This is the easiest point of this list, for sure the best post I have ever enjoyed is this from Abel (it refers to the best of 2012 but has been posted on 6 January 2013):

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=59609

g) a new social media channel that proved to be interesting

None.

h) a new dealer or watchmaker that you enjoyed:

I stumbled upon one that has some interesting NOS pieces, but I will never tell to anyone ;-)

i) a get-together or meeting with other enthusiasts

Apart from a pizza with Giuliano and a fast "rendez-vous" with another collector to sell a box, this year I didn't met other Heuer collectors of this forum, but I want to thank all the new persons I have known (even if only by email) like Mark Moss, StewartM, Noodia, Olaf, Manuel, Cipino, John Cote, and many others because they have been very kind with me even if I'm not a well-known user of this forum (I prefer to read other's posts, don't think to have so many interesting things to share even if now I'm here posting for the pleasure to share something with you all);

j) a new discovery from Heuer’s history

None.

k) a new camera, accessory, photo set-up or piece of software that you enjoyed

None.

Thanks for looking and wish you all a happy new 2014.

Best.

Gianluca

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE