The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
yeah i guess there could be.....

a stockpile of cases and inner tachy bezels?

a guy i know..Paul... who is a fan of the off brands that used the cal 11-15's and participates here from time to time has this exact case and tachy bezel on his gruen cal 11/12. his is all original though, so this leads me to believe that this questionable "autavia" case and inner bezel are either from this same gruen model, or a similar one from a brand that bought parts from the same suppliers. either way a true fake, imho. maybe this "gruenvia" needs to be added to the fake halls of shame on otd??:)

yeah it is indeed sad these all seem to be coming from s. america...as it's leaving a bad reputation that i'm sure is causing lost sales on the good guys down there. i dealt with a legitimate seller down in brazil, although i have to admit i was very skeptical at first. that's were i got my beater 510.501 from. i was wrong, the guy i dealt with was a perfect gentleman, and the watch checked out okay from opinions here and my local watchmaker.

j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE