The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Gold + price = no

I'm a little put off by the gold, as I think of Heuers, and especially the Carrera, as primarily tool watches. So I'll wait until there's a non- limited-edition stainless steel version.
But the price! Jesus! I'm excited it's their own movement, but even 6000 Euro for a regular version is way too high. Here in the States, one could have a watch with history that appreciates in value (i.e. a Siffert) for that kind of money.

As a smaller sticking point, I also think it'll take some time to get on board with the smaller running-seconds register at 6 o'clock, but that's a minor issue. Otherwise, the cotes de Geneve on the dial are quite attractive, and I suppose the cut-out case/lugs and the date window treatment is interesting. Overall, I think this particular watch is just OK. It's an interesting avant-garde exercise, if not the classic I had hoped for.

But oh! That strap! I quite like that one...

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE