The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Never Seen a Fake Kentucky
In Response To: Never Seen a Fake Kentucky ()

:
: I don't know much about values for these, and
: will leave it for others to provide some
: advice on that subject. I can tell you that
: I've never seen a fake Kentucky. Given the
: unique style of the case, and the relatively
: moderate prices for Kentuckys, I doubt that
: those who produce the fakes would bother to
: make any of these.

: Thanks for posting your message.

: Jeff

:
: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ Hi Folks If I may?

I have seen just this year at some watch marts the NOS case for this watch from a wostep frend who brings them back from his Swiss frends. some have been used cases also. He had dial s too. So thay are real.but thay came with 17 j. movments with the stamp V4 and the V. J crest in the old days.If a modern redo with new 7750 movment it will be 25 js and say ETA no V.J. crest. But again some one could use a old 7750 thay got cheap form a beet Croton or something. Also look for the Heuer crest on the rotor. If there is no crest bid cheap under 500. to 600.00 unles you want it and its nice.
I say If you like it and it has the correct band go for it. its real but when and who realy put it together? I like to know mine where made at the factory, Thay feel better on my wrist, But it realy does not matter.
Just another 2 cents.
:

Messages In This Thread

Kentucky 77
Never Seen a Fake Kentucky
Re: Never Seen a Fake Kentucky
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE