The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
ISA 1198.32 Direct Replacement
In Response To: Re: Replacement ()

Just wanted to follow up on this I eventually got round to the Heuer 1000 movement replacement the ISA 1198.32 is I can report a direct and perfect fit. I just fitted the dial and hands no issues dropped the movement in the case set the stem and hey presto she's running like a champion. I am very happy with the result and it's great to have it back on my wrist.

: Hopefully i'm not confusing things here, i'm sure the ISA 1198.32
: whilst being almost identical, still has an issue with stem
: height, which means you'll not be able to put the stem into the
: case hole and align the movement correctly, the seconds hand
: will also be a different size.

: I've just checked some details and the ETA 955.112 may replace the
: 963.114 BUT the hands won't fit and the crown will be a
: different tap size, so you may get it working but it will mean
: non-original hands and crown.

: Anyhow let us/me know how you get on with the swap, its been a few
: years since i had similair problems when i could'nt source an
: original movement.

: Best,

: James.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE