The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
you have the "wrong end of the stick"

Lemme Answer in Chuck's style....

: Hi crew;
: I would like to add another 2cents.
: I have not yet had the time to even check out
: that other site, so does that mean that all
: my ?s and knowlege are at this one stop shop
: that is great. Or does it mean that people
: need to be forced to go to the other site
: room.

No & yes.

No, I don't think ALL of your questions will be answered there ( Sorry Jeff & Chuck), but most of them will. Try the other site & then , if you still have questions, ask.

People ( Jeff & Chuck mostly) have spent a LONG time researching, creating & maintaining the OTD website. You don't have enough time to check it out, but they should have enough time to repeat everything for you here.... Err.. no I don't think so, click the link & read away.

If you don't have enough time for that, just click the "bid" link in eBay & hope you haven't bought a fake.

You are not forced to do anything. People are spending their free time to provide Info for you & tell you where it is.

Don't complain because you're too lazy to click a mouse button & read.

Big ?. I am torn. as I think many
: folks dont have the time to spend going and
: checking other areas.

Spend your time as you see fit.

If someone tells me. "The info you are looking for is there"... I don't say, "I don't have time, just repeat it for me".

: but then again maybe thats the way you all want
: the site just fakes there and just real
: here?

You have not been here long have you ? This is THE most fake/frankenwatch/ebay tolerant forums that I know of.....

EVERYTHING is discussed openely here.

We even had posts from a guy openly saying he was buying fakes because he liked them & couldn't justify spending the money on a real Heuer. His posts were tolerated.

Some other forums pull posts with pics of fakes or links to fake auctions. This one doesn't ( THANKS guys ! )

: I can tell you now that in the future I hope to
: check it out. but now have only the time to
: read the last new 9 messages.

May I suggest you read first BEFORE you complain.

And, by the way, congratulations, you have found one of the most tolerant, friendly & informed Watch forums on the internet.

& after you have visited OTD, you will have found THE BEST Heuer website that exists.

Cheers

: PSB

All the Best

Steve ( I come here a LOT & I don't even own a Heuer !!! - one day though !)

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE