The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Scan Day Oct. 18th -- Summer Watch / Summer Story

It's been a long time since we had a Scan Day, so now that vacations are over, and all of us are back at the computer / in the office, we thought that it was time to continue our series of Scan Days. So this coming Monday, October 18th, please post photos of the favorite Heuer that you have acquired over the past few months. Or, you can tell us a favorite story from the summer of watch collecting. To stir some thoughts, how about:

• the watch you found in an unusual place (flea market or 5th Avenue)
  • an ebay triumph
  • a special gift that you received
  • a favorite photo that turned out especially well
  • a new theme for your collection
  • an all-time bargain
  • an Autavia that you dug up in the back yard, while gardening [I promise, I will share one of these stories, from a reader]

For those of our readers who are new to Scan Days, the idea is that our readers post photos and stories around our announced theme.
  • Mondays are the scan days, but you can feel free to post earlier or later
  • It can be a Heuer, any other watch or anything else of interest (kids, firework displays, insects, birds and cars have been previous favorites)
  • write to either Chuck or me if you need help hosting or posting

Thanks for the continuing enthusiasm, and we look forward to seeing what our readers post on the 18th.

Jeff

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE