The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Private Individual / Store / Big Black Book

This one came from a retail store that sells a broad variety of old watches, old jewelry, etc. I had spoken with the owner a year or so ago, about a watch he had listed on ebay (and I ended up not buying), and I called them just to see if they had anything interesting. Turns out that the owner had this Clebar, just about ready to be listed on ebay.

The lesson here is to keep the big black book / short list of Heuer contacts, and work the book / list once in a while to see whether anyone has anything new or interesting to sell. Each call is a long-shot, but this one was worth the effort. The black book is thick, with lots of names and numbers, and it is rare that I actually do any sort of cold-calling. These sorts of calls are mainly an effort to keep the network connected, and be in contact with the "usual suspects" from time to time.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: did you find this one on ebay or a dealer site
: or private individual?? thanks in advance!

: j.h.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE