The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Grandfather and grandson

Hi all,

the post from Stefano Sanavio about his new beautiful strap made from Giuliano made me remember that I concluded my recent post about my new 1133B saying that I was waiting for a simil-Corfam strap to replace the original MarkI bracelet:

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=69703

some days ago the strap arrived, I think that no further presentation is necessary as, if some of you will remember my posts, I use only two kind of straps to replace the SS bracelets, that are Giuliano's ones and Abel's black ones (Abel, wen will you put on your website your new coloured simil-vintage straps?).

Moreover, I have a Monaco reissue too, bought in 2010 (before the Heuer fever), that I have dressed with a blue G. strap (like Stefano did) and that I posted here one year ago:

http://chronocentric.com/forums/heuer/index.cgi?md=read;id=60549

so I apologize in advance if I will reuse two my old posts to merge them and make a new one, hoping not to bore you all (if it will happen I beg your pardon).

This last strap I received the day before Easter I think is the best one that my friend made for me (he told me "Your new watch deserves a perfect strap") and I must admit that this is the thing more close to the perfection I have ever seen (considering that is completely hand-made): all the holes are identical, all the points of the stitching are identical and aligned. This time no stitching with colour matching the hands but the strap more austere you can imagine: only dark blue genuine leather !!

so now let's put face-to-face the grandfather and the grandson:

Thank you Giuliano, and thanks to all of you for reading.

All my best.

Gianluca

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE