The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Am I Busy Right Now ? ? ?
In Response To: Carrera Value Chart? 12 Dato? ()

Am I busy right now??

Yes.

My wife is on a vacation out of the country for a week; I have four children with me at home; I am working on an article for International Watch; I am in the middle of re-designing portions of OnTheDash; things are crazy here at the office; there are great baseball games on TV tonight [Go Red Sox!!]; the leaves in the yard need raking; the car needs washing; and the dog (80 pound black lab) needs a bath!! Other than that, I am not busy.

The value guides were an excellent suggestion; difficult to actually execute and maintain; for me, they would be interesting, but not a top priority. At least, until the dog has her bath!!

I would value a good to excellent white-on-white Carrera 12 Dato in the $1800 to $2200 range, depending on condition, service history, bracelet or strap, etc.

Thanks for the message and your participation.

Jeff

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: Hi all,

: About a year ago I remember reading a great
: contribution to Onthedash with an estimate
: of the value of the several Carrera versions
: if compared to eachother. E.g. a white-white
: Carrera Valjoux 72 is worth 1,0 vs. the same
: black-black being worth 1.1...etc.I think it
: was written by Jeff, but I am not sure.
: This contribution only covered three register
: Carreras with Valjoux 72.However the
: suggestion was made to come to a Carrera
: Value Page in future.

: My question is whether somebody would be
: prepared to do this.Would be fantastic!Can't
: wait to read the rest of the story of how to
: value Carreras.
: Jeff, Chuck are you very busy right now??

: Closely connected to this question is how
: should we value a white on white Carrera 12
: Dato? I have one on hold but am not sure of
: the value.Does anybody have experience? It
: looks good, though not NOS.

: Cheers
: Ron

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE