The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Discovered -- Source for Fake Silverstones

As you probably know, no one has any legal recourse when they are offering for sale FAKE Heuer or FAKE anything. The law give no one any protection when they are trying to defraud individual by means of eBay or private sales. You and the Forum are doing everyone who is a Heuer Collector a great service by exposing these frauds. Keep up the good work Jeff, don't yield to threat or intimidatios. You can always count on me to go to South American with you to kick ass if necessary. Beside my lawyer in Honduras used to work for the CIA tracking down frauds who stole money from the US government and it would be nothing new to him to travel to Argentina. Charles.

:
: Several weeks ago I received a nasty note from
: a reader in Argentina, demanding that I
: remove his photograph from the OnTheDash
: Gallery of Fakes. The fake in question was
: this very strange looking Silverstone - - -

:

: It was this nastygram that prompted the
: exchange with "Louis Brant" about
: the whole issue of copyright protection (??)
: or non-protection of these types of photos.

: Well, now look what we see listed on ebay, by a
: seller in Argentina: the legendary Mondia
: chronograph.

:

:

: Clearly this type of Mondia was the basis for
: the fake Silverstone. Is the fakery business
: getting so bad that now they are offering
: these pieces for $299, rather than turning
: them into fake Heuers?

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE