The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Hold on there Cowboy... Let's remember correctly:

Jeff Stein Posts: Scan Day -- Blame? I Blame Everyone! [10/25/04 05:17 GMT]:

Blame? You want to talk about blame? Well in order to answer the question of "Who is to blame?", I start with the question "who is to blame FOR WHAT?" There is a real difference between blaming someone for prompting a $50 bump in an ebay bid, versus blaming someone for fueling a passion / obsession that consumes every waking moment of a persons life (and even some of the non-waking time).

With that brief introduction, I will start with the bigger issues, and then work my way down to the smaller issues -- three chronographs as to which I can clearly attribute some blame.

• For suggesting that a vintage Heuer website might be a useful thing, I blame Chuck Maddox.
    Hold on there cowboy... You already owned the OnTheDash domain name when you phoned me back in the late summer of 2002. I submit you already had come to this conclusion prior to contacting me.
  • I also blame Chuck for delaying the release of our current redesign of OnTheDash, but I will assure our readers that the redesign, and Chuck's contribution to it, will be well worth the wait.

Ahem... I haven't been holding the redesign up... All you have to do is say "Chuck's right on this one, let's go with his idea" and we're set! =)

Now turning from these more genrral complaiants to three specific watches, here are three specific watches that I would have never come to own, but for the evil influence of three members of our community:

• For the Carrera shown below, my first chronograph with the Lemania 5100 movement, I blame Chuck Maddox. He told me that I needed one of these. . .
    In this instance I did tell Jeff this, because he did need one of those...
  • he didn't say that I would want to then acquire every chronograph powered by this movement, Heuers and non-Heuers.
To this complaint of Jeff's, I can only say... "Well, Duh!"... Did you think I'd suggest something that you'd immediately flip over on to a Sales Corner or eBay? Ya didn't really think I was blowing sunshine up your downspout when I was speaking so favorably about these models, did ya?

-- Chuck

Chuck Maddox

(Article index @ http://www.xnet.com/~cmaddox/cm3articles.html

Non-Pasadena Pasadena Stainless 7750

Chronographs, like most finer things in life, only improve with age…

Messages In This Thread

Scan Day -- Blame? I Blame Everyone!
Hold on there Cowboy... Let's remember correctly:
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE