The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
2446C from eBay

Hey all,

I just got my long-awaited Autavia 2446c. I had my eye on this one, but the starting price was too high and it didn't sell. Sell re-listed much lower, but I was too late, someone snatched it up. I mailed the seller just to be sure, he said that the buyer wasn't paying so he may re-list. He did, I made an offer, and he accepted! I have been on the hunt for one of these for a while, I'm super excited to get it.

The description said that the watch would only run for a while, so I knew it would be in need of some service. Also the crystal was really foggy, and the pictures weren't great, but I took a chance on a nice dial under there.

The watch came and I have to wonder if it's ever been serviced. It's certainly unpolished. There was so much gunk under the pushers that the chronograph barely worked. I did a little light cleaning on it, and much to my surprise found out that not only does it work, it keeps great time and the chronograph works fine too! The crown is unseated (I can just pull it out) but it does wind the watch. I have tried to get the caseback off, but it won't budge, I'm going to take it to a watchmaker to see if they can get it off of there.

This thing seems all original to me. Is it possible that the crystal is the original? It's beat to heck. The back is worn almost smooth, but you can still read the writing on the outside edge.

Anyway, my plan is to replace the crystal, put a Stewart strap I have on it, and enjoy it forever. It's a beautiful watch, and for me one that I have wanted forever a long time.

Messages In This Thread

2446C from eBay
Re: 2446C from eBay
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE