The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Serial number
In Response To: Serial number ()

Hi Clive,
Gratz on your buy. 2000 says it won't be your last Heuer ;)

A good everyday wear, Quartz divers are generally mid 80's, around when Tag was put on the dial, more or less. Not quite the most collected Heuers yet, but nice looking dial, bezel & lumes.

Here's the thing; since there are no pics I have to ask, is yours gold or black, Heuer or TagHeuer, if it's Heuer it's probably 83-84, if it's Tag it's probably 84-85.

There's also auto 2000's but I think those are Chrono's.
Anyway enjoy your watch.

Cheers,
Minas

: Hi,
: just purchased my first Heuer 2000. I understand no-one has a list
: of all serial numbers and the dates of manufacture.
: However, can anyone give me an idea of the age of my watch showing
: 974 . 006 on the case?
: Thanks

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE