The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
I'm a Fan...Angelus is underrated

: ...and I like it so much that I had to take out the real camera and
: take a better picture. After replacing the crystal the dial
: looked so much better. I know some people don't like these big
: chronos from the late '40s - early '50s but I am a big guy and
: my big wrist has found it a very comfortable fit.

: JohnCote

:

John

I'm a fan, I think Angelus is very underrated. Yours looks to be in fantastic condition! Hodinkee did a nice article on the Chronodato several years ago:
http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2008/12/21/angelus-watches-brought-to-life-by-the-chronodato-killed-by.html

I think Angelus is very underrated. Overall quality of finish is superb and they manufactured their own column wheel movements which were even supplied to Panerai.

Here's my Angelus 215 bicompax which utilizes the same movement sans the date complication. Like the Chronodato its large at about 38mm, thick crystal, stainless steel case with stepped bezel, lugs have the "Autavia bevel", glossy black & gilt dial with guilloche pattern sub registers and a sturdy in-house movement.

Mine is a civilian version but a military version with bigger pushers and crown and "L.E." engraved on the caseback were issued to the Hungarian air force. I prefer smaller watches now so don't wear it much anymore but the Autavia-esque bevel and huge guilloche pattern sub registers always brings a smile to my face.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE