The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Not wanting to be the bearer of bad news..

Christophe
Your additional photos are very tiny, and I can't view any detail on them.

I hate to say it, but it's not a minor issue that makes me doubt the watch.. it's everything.
The dial, the bezel, the hands, the case, everything is wrong - I'm really sorry, but I'd guess that the entire watch is a fake.
The bezel looks like it's from a Wittnauer chrono, and maybe the case. From what I can see of the Heuer shield, I'd say it's very 'un-Heuer-like' and not genuine either.

Again, I'm really sorry.

Stewart
Heuerville

: Really ?!
: What make you think this way ?
: The watch was bought in a serious dealer store in Brussels.

: Here are additional pictures

:

:

: Thx for your feedback though
: Christophe

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE