The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Fab. Swiss ???

Hi Chris - you have found some amazing watches lately and I think this is the best of all. I thought it was impossible to find one but you just proved me wrong.
The Fab. Swiss on the dial is not uncommon and features on a random selection of mainly 1960's models.

http://www.onthedash.com/Guide/_Chronographs/62.Autavia/a.Manual--Screw-Back_Case/1st_Execution_Screw-Back_Case/e.1st_Exec_Dial_2nd_Exec_Hands_%282446%29/72Aut24461stEL.jpg

It may have been a requirement to meet a certain country's import laws but that is a guess.
I'm sure someone on here knows. Regardless, the dial and watch are correct and a fantastic addition to your or any collection.
regards
Paul
www.heuerworld.com

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE