The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: 3647S - just acquired
In Response To: Re: 3647S - just acquired ()

: Just to clarify what I mean; the early Carrera's have bridges
: signed 'ED. HEUER & CO SA', the later ones 'HEUER LEONIDAS
: SA'. However, the font and engraving looks a little different on
: this watch to, for example, the one in this article:

:
: http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2010/12/7/jeffs-choice-the-1964-ed-heuer-signed-carrera-made-for-only.html

: We've also seen the same font/engraving on questionable watches on
: eBay - usually appearing on inner casebacks and bridges. My
: unqualified(!) suspicion is that this bridge has been replaced
: to make the watch appear to be an earlier piece.

: It might just be the photo/lighting/angle though. Someone more
: qualified than me will, no doubt, be right along to put me in my
: place and allay my fears. ;)

I would second this, the differences are subtle but the engraving on the bridge does not appear to be the same as the one posted in the article. I would not consider myself an expert by any means but that is the first thing that I noticed.

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE