The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Regatta.. chrono in action..

Hi all.. Here is my latest Heuer.. the humble Regatta. I've never really pined for one of these, but being a big fan of the later 11063 Autavia case, I took a punt on this one.. turns out I'm rather fond of it.. in fact I wear it an awful lot. I love the way the chrono sweep hand is continuous, and flies back when the pusher is activated.

I've done a little write-up on my site, here: http://heuerville.wordpress.com/2014/08/25/heuer-regatta-134-601-black-pvd/

Also.. I've taken a series of photos showing the 10 minute countdown in progress, so sorry for all the pics, but i hope you like 'em...

If you don't know, it's essentially a 10 minute countdown timer to the start of a regatta race.. in that 10 mins, the crew have to tack the yacht so that when the cannon sounds the start of the race, it just crosses the start line at full sail. (a T-10 min cannon is sounded, then a T-5 min cannon, then the 'Start' cannon).

On normal running, the discs are black, upon activating the pusher, the orange hand zeros, and the discs go blue.. then they go though this cycle shown below...

When in normal 'time mode'..

10 min Cannon sounds... hit the pusher...

5 Minutes to go

20 seconds to go..

Stewart
Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE