The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Viceroy or more?

Hi all.
I'm trying to get some feelers on the value of this watch.
In 2011 I sent an 1163V Viceroy to Tag Service Germany for a service, overhaul, new bezel insert etc. As they didn't have the parts I was informed they had to send the watch to Tag Switzerland and that I would get an estimate 3-4 weeks later. The estimate never came and just when I started to get impatient after about 3 months I got an email to please get in touch by telephone.
Turns out my watch had been lost, together with another 5 Tags in an internal transport. The procedure for the Tags was clear, the owners got a new replacement. For my watch, being vintage, they didn't quite know what to do and they came up with the idea of giving me one from the museum. They sent me pictures and I picked one with an MH bezel, they overhauled it to like new and I got it in June 2012 including a letter signed by Jack Heuer and a leather Heuer Bag (value app $500)
This is a level of service I have never experienced before with any company.
I've worn it a couple of times but I don't want to get any scratches on it so it spends most of its time tucked away.
If it's value is just a Viceroy than I will probably wear it more.
The reference is 1163V and a very high serial number 339XXX. The strap and buckel are reissue.

Thanks OTD for this amazing forum!

Messages In This Thread

Viceroy or more?
Re: Viceroy or more?
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE