The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Darren -- Can We See More of This One??

Hi Jeff, yes i've made the same assumption as you - that its the first execution of the 1163P due to the blocked hour markers. I will need to pull this one out of the security box to take some better photo's for you.

If our assumption is correct & this model predates the full lume hour marker version then i would assume this to be Heuer's very first attempt at a diving focussed watch. Does this seem a reasonable assumption to the forum ?
Does anyone else out there also have one of these rare birds ?

Photo's to follow in the next few days - Darren

: Darren:

: Can we please see more of this one?? It's a beauty.

: I am assuming that this is the first version of the 1163P, with
: applied markers and the polished steel hands (with the orange
: accents).

:
:

: I am assuming that the second version (transitional to the 11630P)
: had the painted markers and the orange-edged hands (in the style
: of the 11630P).

:
:

: Who can comment on this sequence or provide serial numbers, to
: confirm or correct.

: It is time to add these to our Reference Table and Galleries, but
: first let's confirm that we have the sequence correct!!

: Thanks,

: Jeff

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE