The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: NOS Audi Sport Heuer
In Response To: NOS Audi Sport Heuer ()

Hi Stewart,

I can reveal I am the new owner of that beauty.

Much the same as you I started with the same dream of no-one knowing waht it was! I then got auction fever and won (I was a telephone bidder). I just couldn't let it go in that condition as full set and had to at least pass through my hands. I thought either way it had to stay in the OTD community and if needs be could re-sell here to keep in the community.

Once I pick it up I will post some photos as have read some previous discussion (on your website I believe) about how the original packaging looked so some good quality photos of the package may be apprecaited by the everyone? I still live in hope that the original card bears the name of one of the great Audi Quatrro rally drivers.....(though doubt it very much!)

Now may need to do some clearing out to pay for it!

All the best,

Hadleigh

: I hope someone here grabbed it!

: For those that don't know what I'm talking about.. there was an
: auction this morning at a small UK auction house, in what seems
: to be a collection of general old stuff. Nestled amongst the old
: rings, paintings, vases and bric-a-brac was a seemingly NOS Full
: Set Audi Sport.. Estimate of £800-1000.

: I eagerly awaited the auction.. but I knew it would get interesting
: when there were 3 phone bidders from the start.
: My dream of snagging it for £800 soon faded, and it sold for
: around £3500 inc. all the fees. Still not a bad price
: considering it's condition.

: Congrats to the buyer :0)

: Stewart
: Heuerville

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE