The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: Super collection
In Response To: Re: Super collection ()

: Hi Andy - always great to see a group shot and this is some group.
: All top of the tree examples. My only concern is all those
: straps. I though we were bracelet sole mates.
: Great to see these here.
: Regards
: Paul
: www.heuerworld.com

Hi Paul - I see what you mean! The Heuer lives (or should live) on a Bund strap, but they look awkward on me so I prefer simple all black NATO. The SAAF was originally with a black leather strap - the best black leather I have at the moment is the Sinn shark skin one pictured - could do better perhaps! - but yes, shame on me - the 156 should have its lovely 'rolly' style expandable Sinn bracelet but I was in too much of a rush to dig it out. I've the original bracelet for the ZUZ also, but am planning wearing it for a while so put it on the safest and most comfortable strap - the gasgasbones.

I should have added the Carrera and 510.501 of course - so here we are; apart unfortunately...

And yes - I am looking for a bracelet for one or both!

A

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE