The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Heuer triple calendar moonphase *PIC*

Hi all, thought id give you all an update on the triple calendar moonphase previously discussed here on the forum
So when it arrived I had it sent off for a new crystal and full service
and have just received it back from the watchmaker and its ticking along beautifully

unfortunately in speaking to the watchmaker the dial has been refinished
and you can see that some of the lines are quite thicker than others
the bottom register is interesting, as there is a shadow around some numbers but only at certain angles, so I'm really unsure if thats due to the refinishing or that register is actually grooved and it may be the way the numbers are catching angles of these grooves etc

the 3000 under the dial as well, unsure whether this is original or was done during the refinishing

so thats obviously disappointing, but honestly overall I've been searching for this watch for the past 2/3years now, so am really happy and I love it
which I guess is the main thing

anyway heres a pic of how it looks now

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE