The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
The essence of Heuer

Hello,

the week is almost over, so I had enough time to think about the theme. Reading a very nice story from Raticosa and seeing fantastic pictures from all of you was a great pleasure.

So what is the essence of Heuer for me? At first of course a watch. And I choose a Carrera. A simple flat white Carrera with a lot of patina. It's quite an early example and stands for the roots of Heuer. A classic, nice looking chronograph with a fantastic movement. Very inventive and different to the chronographs you were familiar with in the 50s. The patina stands for heritage and tells the story of a unique timepiece. Last but not least, the perfect legibility. As Jack Heuer told us in LCdF this was one of his major goals while designing the Carrera.

I took the picture while the Carrera was placed on a printed picture of another Carrera. And this picture is simply beautiful to me and shows the art we also see in the timepieces. This picture was taken by our pro photographer. This refers to the strong community we have here. All that together makes the Heuer watches and this place what it is...

Thanks for reading,
Manuel

Messages In This Thread

The essence of Heuer
Re: The essence of Heuer
Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE