The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dirty Sellers too

I must also add that there are many dirty sellers too, that push up the price on their auctions to get people to higher bids. I have seen this on many occasions, and have been offered "Second Chance Offers" many times. Unfortunately, eBay does not know how to control this in the international market yet, but locally in the Los Angeles market, I know from friends that are dealers, eBay does not joke around. They have shut down several big players that use to manipulate the auctions and push up pricing, but eBay has not tackled this problem everywhere it seems.

My theory in life is to "survive" in the world we are in, and I guess it definitely applies to the eBay buying experience too. You got to do what you got to do. :(

: I think I have seen it all. But eBay has tilted their auctions in
: favor of the buyer in the last several years (no negative
: feedback on buyers who do not pay) and has increased their
: seller fees to a level that encourages sellers to bypass their
: fees any way they can. So, contact the seller right away through
: eBay to let them know you are interested and say lets discuss -
: please Google Jeff - site name or ...... You can't use any email
: address in eBay correspondence or certain words - they will
: block the correspondence. Once you get an email address you can
: work it out. I have a LOT of distain for eBay after all these
: years having paid them 1000s in fees and their rules but that is
: the reality of what they have become and I would not expect it
: to get better in the future. Its about BIG money and they will
: only think of new ways to make more of it for their share
: holders.....

: 2013 Sales/Revenue 16.05Billion

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE