The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Sharing my new watch *PIC*

Hi,

I wanted to share with you my latest "barn find"- watch.
It's a pretty rare 11630T white dial with the "Viceroy"-style steel hands, serial 260xxx.
I bought it from the first owner who kept the watch completely original; he only had the movement serviced a couple of times.
When I received it the bezel was pretty bad and the crystal had some nasty scratches.
So I put some people at work while trying to keep the watch as original as possible.
Just hesitated on the chrono hand but decided to keep it as it is.
Dial is just superb; the lume on dial and hands has developed a heavy patina but is completely intact.
Special thanks to Bernhard, Abel, Ioannis, Stewart and Jeff ( and maybe some others ) for their help and good advice on this project.
Kind regards,
Bernard

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE