The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Re: So Did I Select the Best Strap??

I think you got the best one straight off. The warm tone and suede texture make a nice contrast with the cool colours and sharp lines, and the orange stitch picks up the hands nicely. I'd say full orange would be too much for all but the loudest days, and navy wouldn't give enough contrast to really set it off. So, for me, this one is perfectly judged!

Cheers
Steve

: OK, let me get some honest reactions -- Did I choose the best
: strap for this Skipper? Of the three shown, all from James, at
: db10 --

: What about other choices -- navy to match the dial? True orange to
: match the hands? Or the traditional black? Or something else?

: Jeff

:
:

: ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

:

: :

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE