The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Dead quartz diver - help?

Hi All,

Longtime lurker, first time poster. I have a quartz Heuer diver that I purchased on ebay several years ago. I wanted to give it to my sister for her birthday so she could at least be wearing a cool quartz watch instead of some BS. Sadly, the watch isn't working however. I took it to my watch guy and he said he couldn't fix it, but doesn't have much experience with quartz Heuers.

I'm wondering if anyone could point me in the direction of someone who might be able to help? I'm in San Francisco, but I'd be willing to send it anywhere if there's a chance to get it working again. If not, it will probably end up back on ebay or on the sales forum soon, for parts or something!

Here's a photo:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/qlbd76ghsigrb3z/Heuer.JPG?dl=0

The numbers on the case back are

6101 W20

Thanks in advance for any help,
Andy

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE