The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Best of 2014

Best for me in 2014 if we talking watches were these founds:

A 7764 Skipper from the first owner and sailing champion from Finland found to me (surprisingly just in the same week I bought another very nice one from another Heuerfriend).

And the piece with the most historical background if we talking yachting watches and Heuer: the Aquastar Heuer Regate Intrepid

Long story short: this watch belongs to the Skipper of the Constellation. That was the so called trial horse -a boat for testing the setup of the new yachts and quality of sailing materials- for the yacht INTREPID, the yacht that won the 20th America´s Cup 1967 in a spectacular fight, skippered by Emil Bus Mosbacher. The Skipper of the Constellation was another great Skipper - Robert W. McCullough, one of the great personalities in the America´s Cup and in the world of amercian sailing. As far as known from the original owner -the sun of the Skipper- the Aquastar Heuer watches were a gift from Heuer to the crew. So it seems that these is one of the first regatta watches by Heuer. What a thing - you can feel the breath of history!

All the best to all friends and Heueristi for the New Year,
Henrik

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE