The largest independent, non-commercial, consumer-oriented resource on the Internet for owners, collectors and enthusiasts of fine wristwatches. Online since 1998.
Informational Websites ChronoMaddox -- the legacy of Chuck Maddox OnTheDash -- vintage Heuer website Zowie -- Omega information
Discussion Forums ChronoMaddox Forum Heuer Forum Omega Forum
Counterfeit Watchers ChronoTools Forum ChronoTrader Forum
Vintage Heuer Discussion Forum
The place for discussing 1930-1985 Heuer wristwatches, chronographs and dash-mounted timepieces. Online since May 2003.
OnTheDash Home What's New! Price Guide Chronographs Dash Mounted Collection
Again: Transitional Heuer Autavia 2446

Hello folks,

again I want to point my finger in the direction of the transitional 2446. Thanks to Paul we already have a great source of knowledge regarding this topic. I think some of us, including me, were still wondering when it was produced.

As I browsed the archives I found an old ad for Heuer Autavia 2446 and took a closer look. Without any doubt it is one of the transitional Autavias that is shown there. So I think this is the definite proof that the transitional 2446 was a regular model.

So let's take in account all the differences from the real 'Rindt', just the dial and the hands are the same. I'm no longer sure if we can classify as a transitional model or if it's already another execution, namely the real MK3/3rd Exec. I'd be happy to discuss and hear other opinions.

Kind regards,
Manuel

Current Position
Chronocentric and zOwie site design and contents (c) Copyright 1998-2005, Derek Ziglar; Copyright 2005-2008, Jeffrey M. Stein. All rights reserved. Use of this web site constitutes acceptance of the terms of use. CONTACT | TERMS OF USE | TRANSLATE